PRINT SPACE VIEWS AS PDF USING PUBLISH

Hi all.....old Autocad habit but I generally keep all views for plotting in paperspace on a grid in paperspace as saved views.

I tend to think its not possible but perhaps I am wrong....does anybody know how to PUBLISH views like this ie one click does several drawings (views). I have found too many
layouts not only cluttered but can be unstable

With all paperspace views on on sheet it makes editing layer views and tidying up so much easier cos you can see the complete picture.

Cheers Ken Taylor

Comments

• It's possible, but it is rather cumbersome to do.

• Firstly you must create multiple PAGESETUPs in your drawing, with each page setup assigned to one of your view names.
    • In PUBLISH you must manually add the layout multiple times, giving it a unique sheet name in each case.
    • Then you must assign each sheet name to your pre-configured PAGESETUPs.

Having done this it would pay to save the sheet list to file for subsequent use, otherwise you would have to do it again the next time you print.

The attached drawing illustrates this method, and includes a saved sheet list.

If this is really how you prefer to work (you're kind of swimming upstream here), then I think it would probably be simpler to write a LISP macro to find and print all VIEWs on a LAYOUT.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts

• Thanks for the comment and guidance Jason.

There is method in the madness as they say.

The aim is to create a template sheet similar to my old Autocad one which doesnt change between projects. That one was controlled by lisp. Each viewport has a standardised layerstate and the title sheet block is already lettered up for text items. All I need to do is change the client name and date on one and the rest are automatic using refedit.

Generally I try and draw architectural work with all elements aligned using layers and layerstate in modelspace. One has to be careful as there is a heap of superimposed elements. Judicious use of draworder is a must. Acad used to default to stacking elements in the order they were drawn which made it much easier for editing.

It is much easier to view final prints all on the same page and check for any obvious discrepancies, then the Publish command will allow printing a complete sheet set with one click.

Cheers and thanks

Ken Taylor

Thats a huge timesaver

• Hi Jason, we use this process in AutoCad also.
    But following all your steps in Bricscad when it publishes the pdf, all I get is the last 'pagestepup' page published repeatedly.
    My dsd file looks correct, do you know what I would be doing wrong??

Cheers Josh