BimRoom - `Failed to create a room' errors

New to BricsCAD, I am diving into V18 BIM and enjoying the speed, flexibility, and power of the 3D platform. I am having trouble, though, with the BIMROOM command, two issues in particular:

1) Seemingly enclosed rooms
Rooms that appear to be fully bounded by BIM-classified Walls are sometimes not recognized, with the command giving a`Failed to create a room' error. Is there any way to gain insight as to why it failed? For example, if I have modeled a room with four walls and could know that BimRoom has detected, say, only three walls—even better, which three—that would help to identify missing walls or problematic solids. In a few cases, I discovered the culprit to be a small, otherwise unnoticeable gap where walls were supposed to connect; are there any gap tolerance settings, or detection tools?

2) Open-plan rooms
What is the best way to define rooms that are open to adjacent rooms but that should be identified separately, such as a kitchen open to a living room? I see in the online Command Reference that BimRoom has an option, `Select 3D Solid', to create a room entirely defined by a solid, which I could create manually. However, this method makes a static room that cannot be updated, which seems to defeat the purpose.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!