Text alignment like a dial

fredericklim
edited December 2017 in 2D Drafting

Could someone help what method to draw a dial like the enclosed image? I need to model this part. Many Thanks!

Comments

• Just array a text object. The attached is close -- the relative sizes are a bit off but this gives the general idea:

• @Richard Webb said:
    Just array a text object. The attached is close -- the relative sizes are a bit off but this gives the general idea:

Thank you for the drawing file. I am new to BricsCAD, are the steps below are correct?
    1. Create a 90 degree rotate text
    2. Create a polar array
    3. Explode the array
    4. Edit each text

• That should work -- although if you start with rotated text, I think you'll need to go with -90 rather than 90.

In the original jpg the spacing of the 1000, 2000, and 4000 entries look like they are a little wider than the others. If a simple array of 18 with even spacing doesn't do the trick, you could do something like an array of, say, 19 (or 20; whatever the spacing is for the other items) and delete the last entry/entries. Then rotate the 1/2/4000 text objects to fill the gap.

I'm sure there are several other ways to accomplish the same thing. Roy Klein Gebbinck probably dashed off one of his awesome Lisp routines for this with his morning doughnut. ;-)

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited December 2017

@Richard Webb:
    Just coffee for me in the morning. And a quick visit to this forum of course... :wink:
    And no Lisp solution this time.
    But I was already thinking of the next steps: How will the texts render?

• I would render the texts by explode the text and extrude down 0.1mm. But that took very long time to calculate, I thought it was crash, but finished eventually.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!