Align text on circle

How to align text on a circle? I need to specify the font style and size. Now I have to combine different program to create the output, not accurate and convenient.

Comments

• If I'm understanding you correctly, you want the text to rotate around the perimeter of the circle. The only way I am aware to do it is to place a letter at the top of the circle, then make a polar array selecting the center of the circle as the center of the array. You will have to specify the number of array elements. You will have to pick the angle and the number of elements. And you will have to select "rotate items as copied". Then you will have to manually edit all the letters to the text you want. There are probably LSP programs that do this automatically, but I don't have any experience with programming.

• Two additional options:

There is an ArcText command in the Express Tools.

Lee Mac has created a CurveText Lisp function.

• fredericklim
    edited December 2017

I tried the ArcText from Express Tools, but it seems I cannot change the text size and font style. [Edit] Found that I can edit the text style after exploded the text.

The Lee Mac's CurveText works like a charm! Thank you.

• Lee Mac's CurveText has a problem, character will be changed to same width. Some characters like '1', 'i', 'l', '!' will have more space than other characters. And character orientation will change in lower half of circle, that make it useless. Express tool text arc not work on circle. I have to go back to Inkscape to create my circular text drawing.

• Where can I get this version of Express Tools? It seems more powerful.

http://www.computeraideddesignguide.com/how-to-write-text-on-arc-in-autocad/

• I can't answer your last query, but does your text alignment woes detailed before that change if you use different font?
    I use ttf's and they misbehave in some applications in Bricscad

• fredericklim
    edited January 2018

Using the Express Tools for BricsCAD arctext function I have to explode the text in order to change the font. After exploded, the font is BricsCAD Standard, which is Arial, but the space between characters become noticeable uneven, not usable at all.

TuxxxCAD or even InxxxxxCAD based AxxCAD have Text along curve function build-in. I think it is better to have native Text along path function in BricsCAD.

This discussion has been closed.