Mesurement isn't showing the distance

Dears,

When doing a mesurent in Bricscad the distance isnt given.

Could you please advise which options I need to set in order to have the distance please.

Kind regards,
Sven Vandenabeele

Comments

• The results of the Dist (Distance) command show in the command bar. When the command bar is closed you need to press the F2 function key to open the Prompt History window.
    TIP: if DRAGSNAP = ON the dynamic input field shows the actual distance between two entity snap points when executing the Dist command.

• Maybe the OP is referring to dimension texts being very small?

• Dear Sven, maybe I misunderstood your question. If it's about dimensions, edit the dimension style and set the Fit/Dimscale Overall (DIMSCALE system variable) to a higher value.

• Sven Is possibly looking for the same answer I just came searching for - with the command line docked under the palette, only 2 or 3 lines show and the actual Distance display is 'history', not displayed in the box unless you press F2.
    I can stretch the command line window to display more lines, but it returns to a default height next time Bcad is opened.

• @Louis Verdonck said:

TIP: if DRAGSNAP = ON the dynamic input field shows the actual distance between two entity snap points when executing the Dist command.

That’s a great tip.
    I searched that option. Shouldn’t that be on by default ?

And to extend the question,
    if command line is off, their values will appear in status bar and being
    displayed in the view window. Very nice.
    Like for the distance measure tool.
    But both disapear quite quickly. Is there a setting that controls the
    time frame until info fades out ?

This discussion has been closed.