Selection of several subobjects

Working in AutoCAD, I'm used to modifying groups of solids together. I select all the necessary faces and edges using the CTRL button and the selection frame. After that, I can move all subobjects with the single Move command and thus change the assembly size from dozens of parts with hundreds of holes. To my great surprise, BricsCad does not allow me to select several faces of solids. It is not even possible to select several segments from different polylines. Even if I can select several subobjects by workarounds (one-by-one), the Move command still not works.
I was looking for a multi-select lock in the settings, but I did not find anything. Perhaps there is some kind of system variable that blocks normal work with subobjects?
I do not understand why such a lock is done, because the program does not cost anything to process many objects at once, and I move all the subobjects one-by-one painfully long.

Comments

• The SELECTIONMODES system variable controls which subentities are selected. You can set the options on the Selection Modes toolbar. Hold down the Ctrl-key to invert the current setting.
    Click to add (sub)entities to the selection set, press and hold the Shift-key to remove a (sub)entity from the selection set.
    When using window selection a Tips Widget displays a the bottom of the screen. Hit the Ctrl-key to cycle the options: Select All, Selecte Faces, Select Edges.
    See the BricsCAD Help under User Guide / Modifying Entites / Selecting Entities to learn more about selection methods.

• Thanks for the answer.
    The SELECTIONMODES variable has no effect on the selection of subobjects by a frame. At any of its values, select no segment of polylines and no face of solids.
    With the help of the Tips Widget, I can only select faces. But I need the edges, too. I would like to somehow disable this inconvenient widget and select ALL of the subobjects were framed with CTRL pressed.
    But this is just a matter of convenience. A real catastrophe is that the MOVE command transfers not the sub-objects, but all the objects as a whole. Instead of resizing, I get a simple move. So it is impossible to work. I'm afraid that this is not customizable, and we'll just have to wait for new versions that will work fully with the sub-objects. Maybe someone found workarounds? Really all users are so painfully tormented by moving each side of the solid individually ?...

• You are using the wrong command to move the selected faces: it's either PushPull or BimDrag (if you have a BIM license).
    Have a look at the attached video.

• Excellent illustrations! But while you were drawing this, I also found this method :) But this is Extrude and not Move! This is already easier, although I do not understand the meaning of extra clicks on the CTRL button. If I keep this button the program should understand that I select subobjects. This is how all other programs work.
    But the main problem remains: you can not move many holes in a solid in this way.

• I design the furniture. All parts have hundreds of holes for fasteners. If I change the size of the part, I must move the faces along with the holes, grooves, dadoes. How to do it?

• Indeed, to move holes you need the DmMove command. See attached video.
    The 'extra clicks on the CTRL button' is to switch the selection mode.

• It works! Perfectly! Thank you Louis and Roy. It is a pity that the standard MOVE is not so smart. But the main thing is that there is a way.

Maybe there's a way to disable unnecessary clicks on CTRL? This would be the final decision.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!