Autosave

Can anybody explain, or help me what I´m doing wrong?

bricscad crashed again and I lost again the work of a half of a day! I am very pissed off.....
may last autosave was made 6 hours ago? why???
when I am working in AUTOCAD this never happen, the max Time I lose is the "autosave time" normally form me it is 10 min.

in Options >Open and Save

Incremental save backup .BAK file is checked
save percent is 50
save fidelity save with visual fidelity is checked
save format 2018
clipboard dwg format 2018
save roundtrip is checked
incremental save time is 10

are there any other things I have to setup or define so i get every 10 min. a backupfile?
regards franz

Comments

• At the BricsCAD support web page, search for "backup". There you will find a knowledge base article with instructions.

• ^ Thanks a lot !

• Hi Not sure if this is what you're looking for.
    But I can say it's working for me.

• Found a Solution? I have a similar problem. I found the with the save percent at 50, sometime the last few changes were not saved. I changed the save percent to 0. Which I believe make every save a full save and not a partial. seams to help. I have also noticed that after a long day of editing, selecting the "qsave" icon, nothing would happen. Had to type in "qsave" on command line to get it to work. And do it several times, just in cast. Seams to be a bug, at least with V16, that bricscad is ignoring. Down side of these settings, the save backup file location gets overloaded with many backups. And no option to change that file location.

• @crpt2008 said:
    Hi Not sure if this is what you're looking for.
    But I can say it's working for me.

yes! that's the setting I'm talking about. but....

@robbt said:
    Found a Solution? I have a similar problem. I found the with the save percent at 50, sometime the last few changes were not saved. I changed the save percent to 0. Which I believe make every save a full save and not a partial. seams to help. I have also noticed that after a long day of editing, selecting the "qsave" icon, nothing would happen. Had to type in "qsave" on command line to get it to work. And do it several times, just in cast. Seams to be a bug, at least with V16, that bricscad is ignoring. Down side of these settings, the save backup file location gets overloaded with many backups. And no option to change that file location.

no I didn't change anything on the settings, above, I had just some crashes and the autosave files where "usable", not 10minutes, but from the last 1/2 hour or hour. (but this backupfiles contained my last work I have done)
    I will try the "save percent settings" to 0, but I don't know if this will affect the autosave backup file or the normal save file.

• I presume it works like AutoCAD in that:

(A) The timer that fires autosave is reset anytime you do a QSAVE, SAVEAS, or SAVE.
    (B) When the application closes successfully (the definition of that is up for debate), all autosave files are deleted.

There still may be an autosave backup file (.bak) in the %temp% folder.

But the real question is why did you go "half a day" without saving your work? Autosave is not a substitute for saving your drawing periodically.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!