Mtext/T2M issue - V18

This problem may have more to do with my ignorance on how V18 handles text objects so bear with me here. I use T2M utility a lot dealing with old text items and noticed in V18 when I use it the format/spacing changes where instead of the usual spacebar increment it jumps several spaces after the 1st word -see attached for clarity, at least i hope it's clear.

This may be one of the options added via V18 to the text dialog that I'm not aware of. Can someone please elaborate on this a bit? Thanks!

Comments

• ScottS
    edited February 2018

I also ran into this issue and it was starting to drive me mad. Entering a period (hard stop) after the first word of any line of MText was triggering an indent and extra spacing that I couldn't seem to remove. My workaround was to enter all text without punctuation, then go back to insert periods later.

But, I have just figured what's going on. It's a formatting option, active by default, trying to outsmart us. To disable, you need to click the little 1-2-3- icon next to the OK button in the Text Formatting dialog. In the pull down menu that appears, uncheck "Allow automatic list indexing".

Now that I'm aware of this, I can see how that automatic behavior could be useful at times. It seems to handle 1.2.3.... and A.B.C... well, however, I happened to try the OP's example starting with ANG. Interestingly, as I added lines it indexed the subsequent list items as ANH. ANI. ANJ.... Rather clever, except that in this case it fumbled on "ANI." because the "I" makes that label shorter than the automatic tab stop increment, so that list entry got shifted out of alignment, which I haven't discovered how to fix. Moral of that story: avoid labeling ordered lists with the letter "I".

• My Bricscad V16 does not have that 1.2.3. icon. Seriously, its not there. Was that added in later versions?

This discussion has been closed.