Hatchgenerateboundary

Getting from A to B. In my workflow with Autocad very often the only reasonable method to get at a wall build up is to select the wall hatch's (often the boundaries are unusable) I then use the hatchgenerateboundary command to recreate the polyline boundaries (which works in one go on everything selected), I then still have quite a bit of work to remove or combine loops and short segments, but its quicker than redrawing. But trying this in Bricscad it fails to create boundaries when there are grouped hatches giving an error message "invalid index". The hatchedit command will create separate hatches but only works on one group at a time.

I will add here, once that is done and the hatchgenerateboundary command is used the resulting boundaries are still made up of short segments, but using the extrude command it produces nice flawless solids (unlike Autocad that extrudes all the segments as individual facets - and needs everything cleaning up first). Has anyone else tried this and found a quick method to get from hatches to boundaries. I'm getting a bit long in the tooth (old) but I might have to start learning Lisp to cycle through hatches one at a time and separating them. Which is possibly the way I will head as this would reduce my 'normal' work from days to hours.

Comments

• Testing your dwg in V18.1.09 (for Windows) I cannot reproduce your _HatchGenerateBoundary error. According to the Release Notes a problem with that command was fixed in that version (although the description does not seem to apply to your example). If you have not yet done so, I suggest upgrading.

• Geweldig. Brilliant, I just had the update installed by IT and it works just great. no more spending hours and hours tidying up polylines. I'll need to try it out on a project file but this looks really promising.

This discussion has been closed.