Disable 3D commands preview

I'm testing BricsCAD on large (~150Mb) 3D models. In my sample I have ~5000 3D solids in the drawing. BricsCAD is able to load and render files without problems. I have problems when performing modeling operations. The main problem is BricsCAD always attempts to provide a real-time preview of the changes and, with this kind of files this is just not possible.
In the picture you see a 3D rotate command. The same is for push-pull and other 3D related commands.

Is there a way to disable the preview of commands?

In AutoCAD there is COMMANDPREVIEW

Comments

• There is the DRAGMODE variable but it has no effect on _Dm* commands. Mind you the _Rotate3D command does not display entities dynamically, so you must mean a different command. It may be worth looking at the related DRAGMODEHIDE variable: hiding the original entities during a drag operation may improve things.

• You are right: is the DMROTATE command. I already tested DRAGMODEHIDE but it affects the original entities only with very little impact on performance. As you said the _Dm* commands always display the preview. For large dataset it would be good enough to have the bounding box or nothing at all.

• Hi Daniele,

last week this was one of the topics of an internal development discussion we had.
    So yes, we're investigating how this can be satisfactorily addressed.
    Remarkable coincidence you come to mention this now...

This discussion has been closed.