Draw LIne at a distance along an existing line.

Hi All,
I have recently migrated from an old version of intellicad and an add on that I was using allowed me to draw a new line starting at an entered distance along an existing point. Also I could create a new line at a distance along the line and also offset the line.
I cant seem to find anything similar in Bricscad.
Anyone know of a command or an add on that will achieve this.

Comments

• Bricscad uses command modifiers, start the line command and type the word 'from' followed by pressing enter, when you are prompted for a starting point, now click on the start of your line and move your mouse cursor in the direction you want to go, once your cursor picks up on the snap at the other end (or mid) of the line just,don't click just type in your distance again followed by enter.
    Tracking maybe another option you could use.
    Offset is the offset command, you'll find that on the model tab of the ribbon 2d modify panel, or in the modify section of the menu bar, it should also show up in the quad when you select a line.

• As in IntelliCAD, the OFFSET command creates a parallel copy of linear entities.

• Thanks fir video linked David, and thanks for your suggestion Steven that has me on the right track.

This discussion has been closed.