RECOVERY / RE-ESTABLISHMENT EXPLOITED HATCH

A long, long time ago ... In a very distant forum of Autodesk, I proposed on your wish list the possibility of recovering "hatch exploited".

The idea did not know very well, and some even called me ridiculous, because with the wblock or block command you could turn entities into blocks, but my idea was bolder than that.

If the drawing is done in CAD ... and the CAD has a predetermined base hatch configured ... because there is no command that recovers hatch that have been previously decomposed or opened and converted into lines or objects, if there is an OCR that detects and recovers text ??? Is there NO RECOVERY OF SUPPORT? (that is not undo ...)

For example: to be able to change typical properties such as orientation, scale or HATCH type?

I still think it's not a very crazy idea ...

Hace mucho, mucho tiempo ... En un foro muy lejano de Autodesk, propuse en tu lista de deseos la posibilidad de recuperar "hatch explotados".

La idea no sabía muy bien, e incluso algunos me llamaron ridículo, porque con el comando wblock o block podías convertir entidades en bloques, pero mi idea era más atrevida que eso.

Si el dibujo se hace en CAD... y el CAD tiene una base predeterminada de hatch configurados ... porque no existe un comando que recupere hatch que han sido previamente descompuestos o abiertos y convertidos en líneas u objetos, Si hay un OCR que detecta y recupera texto ??? ¿no existe una RECUPERACIÓN DE APOYO? (que no sea undo...)

Por ejemplo: ¿para poder cambiar propiedades típicas como orientación, escala o tipo HATCH?

Sigo pensando que no es una idea muy loca ...

Comments

• I know of nothing that can recover an exploded hatch. I should mention that the word should be exploded, not exploited. Exploited in English means to utilize or make use of something. So that may have caused your search to fail, if there is anything available to do what you want. And don't feel the need to apologize for your English, which is very good.

I doubt a program like this could be made. Well, at least not a program that worked well in most situations. This is because you need to not only select the objects that made the hatch, and recognize that they were part of a hatch, but you also have to find the prior boundary. In a very simple drawing this may be easy, but it can also be very complicated.

To fix an exploded hatch, you probably need to manually delete all the lines that made up the hatch. There are some possible ways to make this easier. For example, if the hatch elements are all on a layer that does not have many other things, that makes it much easier. Just turn off all the other layers. But, there may be other characteristics, such as color or line-weight, that may be used. If the hatch was made of lines that are red, then you can use the filter tool to select any lines that are red.

Since a large percentage of hatches have lines drawn at an angle, perhaps a more powerful approach, is to filter angle. Here are the steps, on my v14 of BricsCAD, to select all the hatch lines.
    With nothing selected, and the properties window open,
    Select the filter tool. (the funnel looking icon)
    From the pull-down on to the left of the filter icon, choose line.
    Below, in the properties, towards the bottom, in the angle field,
    On the top of the properties window will be an icon that includes a +. Click that to select everything that meets the criteria.

The "Select Similar" choice on the Edit menu, does a very similar thing. Only, it will prompt you to select an object. You can also use the "settings" sub-command to choose what attributes are used. But, unfortunately, angle is not one of the choices.

So, for both approaches, you have to type the angle for the lines, and cannot just click the angle. But, most angles for hatches are fairly standard, like 45 deg.

And of course, this only selects the objects, so that you can delete them. Then, you have to re-create the hatch. So, measure things like distance between lines if that is necessary to know.

-Joe

This discussion has been closed.