Annotative dims/text etc for vports

Hi, I am an ex Autocad user now working with Bricsad. I have tried and tried and also looked at the YouTube video to try and establish what settings need to be changed to use annotative in my layouts.
If my drawing has 3 different scale vports, 1.100, 1.10 , 1.5. I set the annotative setting, I think objectscale to include the 3 scales, and set all settings to annotative, but allas in the layout drg they are still not correct. When I look at the dims in model space I can see 3 different text sizes, which seem to ghost...... very frustrating . Can anyone give me a step as to how it should be done, 5 days spent searching, and much other stuff learned whilst looking. Many thanks

Comments

• Your experience surprises me. I do not have an AutoCAD license, but it is my understanding that the annotative scale features of BricsCAD are compatible with AutoCAD's.

Maybe this will get you on your way:

1. Start a new drawing (I have used the metric Default-mm.dwt template).
    2. Call the _DimStyle command and change the dimstyle to annotative.
    3. Call the _ScaleListEdit command and edit the list if required.
    4. Right click in the Status Bar and enable the display of the 'Annotation Scale' control.
    5. Using this control, or the CANNOSCALE setting, set the correct annotation scale.
    6. Create some dimensions.
    7. Select the dimensions and in the Properties Bar click in the 'Annotative scale' field, click the '...' button and add additional scales.
    8. Switch to a paper space layout, create a viewport, and in the Properties Bar set the correct 'Annotation scale' and correct 'Standard scale'.

The visibility of annotative entities is controlled by these variables:
    ANNOALLVISIBLE
    SELECTIONANNODISPLAY
    You can find information about these and other variables in the _Settings dialog.

• Roy, all sorted thanks again

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!