mtext miserable performance

running V16. rather disappointed is several respects. MText does not have bullets or numbering. Also noticed every time I command "Mtext" or select an existing mtext, the text style "dyn_dim" is added to my text styles. This is ignorance. Why would that text style be forced into any drawing. How do I get rid of this annoyance?

Comments

• Regarding 'DYN_DIM': Try switching off DYNMODE.

• That seams to help, but also turns off dynamic input. No longer displays distance and angle as points are picked or grip point are picked. That part is useful. And this seams incredibly stupid on the programmers part to have Dynamic Input create a test style. WTF programmers??? get a clue.

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited February 2018

If you have a closer look you will find that more table entries are related to DYNMODE (dimstyle, linetype). There are good reasons for these entries. Consistent look and scaling depending on the zoom factor are two that spring to mind.

EDIT:
    Disregard the first paragraph.
    After a check I see that in V16 only a text style is generated. In older versions (V11-V14) a linetype would also be generated but never a dimstyle.
    @robbt:
    Maybe the text style can also be avoided? Why not send in a Support Request instead. Mind you: IMO this is a minor issue and nothing to get so worked up about.

• I admit, I did get a little worked up on this. I just find this sort of issues, forcing something on the user to be so governmental, so Autodesk. Give the user options, don't force it at them. I did send a Support Request, but like all other request, it was ignored. Possibly due to the outdated product. Can anyone tell me if V18 has the same sort of annoyance with MText? I have no intention to upgrade if this and other issues people are having are never being addressed.

• dyn_dim is still created

This discussion has been closed.