Recent Files

Is it possible to delete file references in the Recent Files drop down box and have the last file/s repopulated back into the drop down box?

Comments

• Are you saying you want to move this back down here (see image)?

Imgur

• @rkmcswain said:
    Are you saying you want to move this back down here (see image)?

Hello rkmcswain,

I'm asking if you can remove some or all of the listed files in the Recent Files drop down box as you've shown in your image and have earlier files that have already been listed and "pushed out" of the drop down box re-listed.

What I find happens a lot is I might be working on 5 to 10 drawings and then be asked questions about other drawings, so when I load them, view them and then close them again they get listed in the Recent Files even though they weren't edited and the last in the list get pushed out, that's why I'm looking for a way to repopulate the list with files that were there before.
    Is there a setting somewhere to accommodate this?
    Thanks for your input.

• Actually that's a good idea.
    Bluebeam PDF has a 'pin' file and a right click and remove from list.
    Being able to actually 'pin' the currently being worked on dwgs would be very good.
    I have a dwg I often dive into to copy entities across to my current job. It's a pain to have to look for that each time, as it quickly gets down the recent list of dwgs.
    Sorry can't answer your problem though.

• @Richard Sands said:
    Actually that's a good idea.
    Bluebeam PDF has a 'pin' file and a right click and remove from list.
    Being able to actually 'pin' the currently being worked on dwgs would be very good.

I like the Pinning idea too, good thinking!
    With the ability to repopulate in the order of the last out in first... confusing myself now..

• The paths of the recent files are stored in the Windows Registry. And it is possible to change the Registry programmatically. But doing so during a CAD session (with Lisp code for example) makes no sense as BricsCAD has already read the Registry and will use the values it has stored in memory. And when the CAD session ends it will write the values it has kept (updated) in memory back to the Registry, ignoring any other changes.

But you can also use this to your advantage. If you open a number of drawings in a separate CAD session and end that session before closing the 'main' session, these drawing will not be included in the list of recent files as the main session will overwrite the Registry changes of the session that was closed earlier.

• 'Working Sets' make it easy to load sets of frequently used drawings.
    A set can contain a single drawing if desired.

• Thanks everyone for your comments, I think Richard's comment regarding Pinning would at least be simplest for
    me, especially if I could pin 10 or more files.

• Richard Sands
    edited July 2018

Back to this topic, now I have Ver 18, I like the new way of presenting previous (immediate) dwg's. That's very good.

I see this could be enhanced with the option to 'Pin' previous dwg's right at that dialogue box.
    Would 'just' need a little box to click beside each dwg name represented.
    I say 'just' as it sounds easy to add, implementing it may not be?

Working sets are very good and much appreciated. Would this 'Tick' box complement this?
    To me this is a very easy way to keep dwg's to the fore.

Food for thought.
    What do others think?

Mucked this up - please delete

• Back to this topic, now I have Ver 18, I like the new way of presenting previous (immediate) dwg's. That's very good.

I see this could be enhanced with the option to 'Pin' previous dwg's right at that dialogue box.
    Would 'just' need a little box to click beside each dwg name represented.
    I say 'just' as it sounds easy to add, implementing it may not be?

Working sets are very good and much appreciated. Would this 'Tick' box complement this?
    To me this is a very easy way to keep dwg's to the fore.

Food for thought.
    What do others think?

• rkmcswain
    edited July 2018

If they can do it in AutoCAD, then I know the BricsCAD programmers can do it, much better, faster, and more logical.

• This pinning idea of the recent files list is great.
    I am now using v22 is it now implemented?
    How do I use it?