Recurrent proclem with status bar.

I was wondering if anyone has seen this issue, and what they did to correct it...

I've experienced an annoying issue with the status bar since V15. (currently running V17) Three or four times a week, the status bar will go blank. No buttons in the bar. (See attached screenshots. I haven't determined if a particular command triggers the problem. I usually don't notice the problem until I go looking for "SNAP", "ORTHO", or to set my current dimension style. Turning the status bar on or off does not clear the problem. Sometimes exiting the program and restarting fixes it. Other times, it takes a restart of my machine.

I don't think this is an operating system or hardware issue. I was running a 32 Bit version of Windows 7 with BricsCAD V15. Now I'm running a 64 bit version of Windows 7 on an entirely different machine. So the problem seems to transcend the hardware and OS. I've filed SR's on the problem before, but they weren't able to help me.

Any ideas? I have the feeling this is something bonehead that I'm doing wrong...

Comments

• It shouldn't happen at all, but try switching the workspace and back. I experienced something similar in the past where the menus disappeared.

• Thanks Louis. I have tried that, but it didn't work. But suddenly, after well over a year of fighting with it, I discovered how to fix it. I switched the menu bar on and off! Not the status bar, the menu bar! I don't know why I never thought of trying that. Thanks to everyone who took the read my post.

This discussion has been closed.