printing dwg tot pdf

Hi, I'm new here.
I use 'CutePDF Writer' to print a dwg tot a pdf through the 'print' command, then select 'Cutepdf Writer' as printer configuration.
When i print a dwg with 371kb it has only 88kb as a PDF.
An other option is to use 'AdobePDF' as printer configuration, but than the pdf has only 54kb...

What do i have to do so that the pdf is bigger, appr. the same as the dwg file? Install another printer configuration? How do I do that and which is better?

Comments

• I am using the free Primo PDF for all my PDFs, and with it you can select the resolution. There should be no reason for you to try trying to get as big file size as possible, what is important is what you are going to use the PDF for and what resolution needed for that purpose.

• The actual file size between a dwg and pdf is like trying to compare apples with oranges washing machines, they are different things, what are you trying to achieve is the question.

• File sizes are quite different between dwg and pdf, the important part for the pdf is the resolution being good enough and whether it retains vector information and text as text. Which might matter if you are likely to want to convert the pdf back to dwg.
    Printer drivers can produce different file sizes to each other with no apparent difference in how they look and some dwgs produce a lot more 'ink' than others as pdf's.

This discussion has been closed.