REPEAT COMMAND EXECUTE TOOL (FROM TOOL PALETTE)

So. On the Bricscad installed on someone else's computer, if I do a repeat command (enter/space/right click), after having executed a tool from the tool palette, it repeats that tool in full. However, on my own Bricscad on my computer, doing said repeat command (enter/space/right click) only results in a repeat of the main command within that tool.

As an example. The tool prompts the insert of a SPECIFIC block, with specific prompt or no prompt rotation properties etc. On the other person's computer, repeat command (enter/space/right click) would execute the entire tool again, inserting that specific block with all of the preset prompts etc. On MY computer, a repeat command (enter/space/right click), just ends up activating an "insert block" command after which I must specify which block, scale it, rotate it etc. Obviously I could get the same block by just repeat commanding (enter/space/right click) multiple times so that the last used block gets input eventually, but that takes a stupid amount of time more than the way it works on the other computer.

This is a frustrating one that I haven't found a solution to anywhere else.

Comments

• Have you compared application version (as seen in the _ABOUT dialog) of your BricsCAD with the working version?

• @Owen Wengerd said:
    Have you compared application version (as seen in the _ABOUT dialog) of your BricsCAD with the working version?

Hmm. Well, my version is "Version 17.1.19 (x64) revision 47238" and I believe he just upgraded to the same version. So. I would think that shouldn't be the difference. Especially since my version is quite new.

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited March 2018

@DoctorCondensate:
    I think it depends on how the insert tool is created. If you create it by right-clicking a block in the _ExpBlocks panel and choosing 'Add to Current Toolpalette', the complete tool can be repeated with Enter. If the tool is created from a command this is not the case. The tool is always 'wrapped' in a temporary command called '_ExecuteTool'. But when you execute a command tool this will not be the last command name.
    I do not know the reason behind this. As a workaround consider creating a keyboard shortcut for the _ExecuteTool command.

• DoctorCondensate
    edited March 2018

@Roy Klein Gebbinck said:
    @DoctorCondensate:
    I think it depends on how the insert tool is created. If you create it by right-clicking a block in the _ExpBlocks panel and choosing 'Add to Current Toolpalette', the complete tool can be repeated with Enter. If the tool is created from a command this is not the case. The tool is always 'wrapped' in a temporary command called '_ExecuteTool'. But when you execute a command tool this will not be the last command name.
    I do not know the reason behind this. As a workaround consider creating a keyboard shortcut for the _ExecuteTool command.

Hmm. I do not think that this is the problem either as on BOTH computers I created the tools by adding them to the current toolpalette from the drawing explorer --> blocks menu.

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited March 2018

@DoctorCondensate:
    Try starting BricsCAD with a new profile. If that helps you can use this tool to compare the settings. Else send in a Support Request.

This discussion has been closed.