[Solved] Issue installing Bricsys Bricscad

Zak
Zak
edited March 2018 in Linux

I used the RPM package and Bricscad is in /opt however:
$ bricscadv17 /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v17/bricscad: error while loading shared libraries: libpth.so.20: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I have npth and libpthread-stubs installed:
zakhar@laptop $ ls /lib64/libpt* /lib64/libpthread-2.25.so /lib64/libpthread.so.0 zakhar@laptop $ ls /lib32/libpt* /lib32/libpthread-2.25.so /lib32/libpthread.so.0
I have both 32 and 64bit libraries and if I make a symbolic link from libpthread-2.25.so to libpth.so.20 Bricscad runs only the welcome screen and then crashes after loading the main software package by clicking on new drawing with this output:
zakhar@laptop $ bricscadv17 /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v17/bricscad: symbol lookup error: /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v17/libcadapp.so: undefined symbol: pth_init

I would like to tell the developers its about time to start using the modern library names, I am unable to resolve this issue and therefore cannot use the software untill I am told how I might be able to resolve this or until the next revision of Bricscad is released. Or perhaps issue an install file listing required dependencies.

Some info:
zakhar@laptop ~ $ uname -smpior Linux 4.15.6-gentoo x86_64 AMD A12-9700P RADEON R7, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

this is on gentoo linux and it is unfortunate I cannot use the software wile the license is active, I hope this can be resolved soon.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.