.dxf problem ?

We use Sigmanest software for laser, waterjet, and plasma cutter part nesting . Sigmanest can import all versions of .dxf or .dwg. Since upgrading to the latest version of Bricscad 18.2.08-1, I can no longer import the .dxf files generated by Bricscad. They appear to have no geometry when opened in Sigmanest. I've tried saving to several of the older .dxf formats from Bricscad to no avail. If I save my file as a .dwg it opens fine in Sigmanest. I never had a problem prior to this Bricscad upgrade. We've been on the same version of Sigmanest for some time so I don't believe the problem lies with Sgmanest. Sigmanest opens .dxf files generated by other software including Inventor, Onshape and Flowpath.

Comments

• Is Sigmanest supporting ACIS Solids ?
    Something that has to be licensed and paid so not every Software that
    states to import DWG or DXF does support ACIS.
    Like Modo or C4D will just skip them.
    So for export from Vectorworks I would have to choose the export option
    to convert Solids to simple Meshes.
    In Bricscad without export options that would mean the need to create
    a file copy for transfer and manually convert Solids to Meshes in the file.

Or to use a very old DXF format that has no ACIS support, which also
    worked in a test but may have other problems with quality.
    So as it didn’t work for you it may be a totally different problem than
    with ACIS.

• Dear Kent,

can BricsCAD re-import those own generated DXF files ?
    In any case, best to send us a support request, with such DXF file attached, so we can investigate ...
    many greetings !

• The order of the dxf seems to have changed. The $REQUIREDVERSIONS and $LASTSAVEDBY items are switched compared to V17. Maybe this is an issue for Sigmanest.

• I found finally found a fix. I could write block out into any format and not have an issues importing into SigmaNest. I couldn't understand why even every new drawing would fail in any format but dwg. I finally found if I started a new drawing with Bricscad's standard imperial template my problem went away. There was apparently something in the dwt template that was causing this issue. I've use the same drawing template for years. Strange but fixed. Thanks for the groups help.

This discussion has been closed.