insert a table from excel as cad entities

Hi,
i ACAD i was used to insert a table from excel as entities of autocad (text and lines).
It has the advantage of an accurate scale and eventually editing.
How I can do it in BricCAD?

Comments

• Try pastespecial as csv which brings it in as a table

• How to insert basic formatting:

• column widths
    • alignment
    • merged cells
    • cell boundary
  • I go to my excel file, open it, highlight the part I want, copy.
    Then, open Bricscad, click edit, Paste Special, choose the radio button Paste Link, pick ok.

The spreadsheet then is in the dwg, you can scale it up or down. If you need some column sizes changed or info edited, just double click the spreadsheet in the drawing, it will bring up the file, change what ever you want and close it, the dwg will be updated.

Conversely if you open the spreadsheet at any time and update it, the next time you open the drawing, it will update the info!

It's great!

• oh, as Entities... never mind... :)

What steven_g said... paste as csv, it's table, then if you want to go crazy explode it and it's lines and text...

• I guess I misinterpreted.
    I need to insert a table from excel as entities of autocad (text and lines).
    I need to set exactly scale of table (height of texts) and preserve basic formatting (see above).
    I do not want interconnection with excel.
    In ACAD I do:

• insert table from excel
    • maid block from table
    • scale block to exact scale by lisp
    • eventually editing texts if is necessary
      The result is a file that will open in the future is not dependent on excell. See attached files. It's a simple technical drawing.
      When I insert table from excel as picture, I have to solve the color rendering, type of fonts, height of text and more things that do not match the technical style of the drawings.
  • Setup your table style, which will include things like text heights and font, you can format the cells and borders even add background colors. Then when you use pastespecial with the data copied from excel it will be created in the current table style and there should be no need to edit or explode anything (but you can explode if you wish);

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!