Any comparable utility to AutoDesk's Data Extraction utility?

I was hoping to be able to extract all the text in a drawing, so that someone else can provide a translation. We want to put the translation in an external Word document, rather than have the other language in the DWG file. Note that I am not talking about extracting data from with attributes. Rather, this is about getting all the MTEXT and DTEXT into a word processor or Excel file.

I have looked at the utility called "Trans" from CadStudio. But, it only gets the text and labels its ID#. I need the utility to give me the layer where the text resides. This way I can sort the texts in some reasonable way. Autodesk's Data Extraction utility seems to offer this sort of function,l but I can't find a BricsCAD equivalent.

I also found a program txt2xls.vlx, which may do what I want, but BricsCAD v14 does not seem to be able to use a .vlx file. Is there any way to uncompile a .vlx file back to its lisp and other parts that are needed?

Thanks for any leads,
-Joe

Comments

• how about "dataextraction"? what am I missing here

• The word, "dataextraction" is not in the help file, nor is it a command. I also searched for the phrase, "data extraction". But, the only things that come up relate to attribute extraction.

-Joe

• Sorry just spotted the 2014 note, it must have been introduced later, because it's definitely there now. If you select all the text and use the list command the resulting list gives you the contents and the layers, but it will need a bit of manipulating in excel

This discussion has been closed.