Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

acdbGetAdsName in TX

Hello everyone! Is there any function in Tx library that is equivalent to acdbGetAdsName of Object ARX?
Thank you for your attention!

Comments

• Dear,
    there is nothing like that at TX level ... because the ENAME (2 long values) convention originates from ADS, BricsCAD/BRX has that as SDS;
    while TX is pure C++, so you can only operate with OdDbObjectId.

many greetings !

• Hi @Torsten Moses . Today, I have just found something like this:

OdDbObjectId id=...;
    ads_name name;
    drx_getSdsName(name, id);

I don't understand deeply where it came from but It worked well. Then I can use "name" as an RTENAME when invoke a LISLP command. Is there any problem with this. Thank you for your help!

• Hello,
    yes, that "drx_getSdsName()" function is a kind of linkage between Teigha TX and BricsCAD's SDS - this way, you can use both the TX SDK as provided by Bricsys, and the SDS API (also called "BricsCAD API") ... without BRX SDK.

No problem, that "ads_ename" / "sds_ename" is compatible with the Lisp engine, so there should be no problem.
    many greetings !