Miter Tool

Hello,

Last week I got a question on how to create a Miter between two flanges manually.
Hicad has a tool where you select two edges and it extends the flanges and cuts them at the intersection.

The only way I found to do this is to "push/pull" both flanges untill they overlap and then use the SMflangesplit command.
Is there a faster/better/easier way to make a Miter? Ive been through the help command functions but I could not find other ways to make a miter.

With Kind regards,

Robert

Comments

• To illustrate what I mean I made a few images.

I'm trying to get from the first situation to the second one in the least possible amount of mouse clicks and commands.

A.PNG 15.3K
    B.PNG 18.9K
    A.PNG 15.3K
    B.PNG 18.9K
  • Dear Robert,

It is actual question. I would say that your solution is good for BricsCAD V18.2 . In next releases we consider step-by-step improvement of tools to build such configuration automatically. First step is SMFLANGEEDGE, next (plans are more obscure yet) SMFLANGECONNECT to build miters.

Also note that SR with how-to/feature request attracts more attention for the team.

Best regards,
    Egor

• Robert
    edited April 2018

Hello Egor,

Good to know that there are plans to expand the miter fuctionality.
    I'll make a SR for this later today! Certain elements in the creation don't function correctly when I use my solution.

With kind regards

Robert

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!