Drawing default Units

Hi everyone,
I have some issues regarding the drawing defatult units in v.16.
Everytime when I open a drawing the units are set to: Insches/ Imperial (Insertion Units: [1] inches/ measurement: [0] Imperial)
At this moment, I found a way using a default template: ''Default-m.dwt'' to set my units to [6] meters/ [1] metric everytime I create a new drawing, but, when i Open a drawing which previously was not saved by me it will opened with [1] Inches/ [0] Imperial units :((
For me, this is very frustating because I always use copy and paste to original coordinates and everytime i need to reset them by: UN command.

My question: Is there a way to set the units to Default as [6] metric/ [1] metric everytime I am using Bricscad?

thx all,

Comments

• There is a command Basefile - if you create a file with your settings, or use an existing dwg and give basefile that dwg's name, it will open each new file as if it was that saved file.

• You should be able to set the default drawing units to metric in settings.

• Open the template drawing and make all the corrections then save it as a .dwt file this way it opens as a copy with all your settings inside.
    This is also needed for dimension settings etc..
    Depending of how you work you may need a few different templates. NEVER start from scratch .

• @jgaunt said:
    There is a command Basefile - if you create a file with your settings, or use an existing dwg and give basefile that dwg's name, it will open each new file as if it was that saved file.

Correct, this is what I am doing now! All new .dwg or other .dwg processed by me will work. But if there is a new .dwg by a different name which came from an architect as example , it will still open in inch / feet :(.

• @Per Gogstad said:
    You should be able to set the default drawing units to metric in settings.

This was the first try, settings are not remaining as default.

• @Patrik Sparrman said:
    Open the template drawing and make all the corrections then save it as a .dwt file this way it opens as a copy with all your settings inside.
    This is also needed for dimension settings etc..
    Depending of how you work you may need a few different templates. NEVER start from scratch .

The start is not the problem, opeing a new different .dwg made by others is the issue.

• Ahh then the problem is that some of the settings are stored in the drawing and you need to reset them in the on_doc_load.,lsp and make sure its loaded when opening a drawiing.

• Sorry I didn't read the question properly.
    Patrick is right, you probably need to add (setvar "lunits" 2) in on_doc_load.lsp

This discussion has been closed.