Old Topic, But Highly Relevent

I have been using BricsCAD for a long time, and I have seen a number of references to the issue that I am having with the program, but no one seems to be hearing us. I too like many other users have been using CAD for a long time, from Tube Monitors to Flat Panel Monitors, and each year the eyesight gets a bit worse, especially when it comes to this new game of making everything "Bright White".....foregrounds, backgrounds, small text on bright white, etc.

I sadly may have to give up BricsCAD in favor of AutoCAD all over again because, at least on any monitor I can see all of the command tools because the color and text are set to be on a dark background.

BricsCAD has hundreds more commands than AutoCAD has, but they serve me no purpose if I cannot see the tool bars, and unless I want to go back and hand type every action into the Command Line, then I might as well turn off all of the valuable tools in the toolbars.

There is a segment of us out here Bricksys.....please don't ignore us until we just walk away. We need to be able to tune the background color on the toolbars so that we can see the tools.....Please let us know that you can take care of this for us !

Comments

• rwills2691
    edited May 2018

On Windows, the background color for the menu and toolbars are controlled by the Windows Operating System, so you have to set up your theme preference by Windows. Mine is set for light gray. It might be called Classic. I don't like dark or light themes.

Actually, I thought there had been a Classic mode for BricsCAD, but I can't find it now. Maybe I remember wrongly.

• Good Morning rwills2691........ Microsoft has propagated the same issue. Having limited the color palettes to Windows Standard (Light Gray), Light Gray, and Dark Gray, but any changes in the WIndow's Tools does not appear to make any impact on the BricsCAD colors. Every tool in each toolbar still small text and images on a Bright White background. I have made the tools as large as I can, but my working real estate on (2) 32" monitors goes away. That is not the way things are supposed to work.

I have made the same complaint to Microsoft, although I may be the only one that cannot understand why an Operating System that is 3 gigs in size cannot accommodate a program capability to help those of us who need to make changes to see everything properly.

The world must be moving only to the beat of youth with perfect eyesight, and they are not seeing the rest of the world.

Very Sad indeed.

• The only thing that Microsoft permits is for a programmer to assign an image to a button. If the image has a transparent canvas (which BricsCAD is) then the entire background is assigned by the Windows theme or color assignments in your user configuration functions.

Microsoft is for kids.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!