BIM Lisp

Recently I saw a reference guide that had lisp functions for BIM .
Now I can't find it any more !
Where do I find it ?

Comments

• Please see the "Lisp Developer Support Package" (LDSP) - freeware download in our ApplicationCatalog ...
    it documents everything around our LISP implementation (beyond standard AutoLISP).
    many greetings !

• Why the need for (vl-load-bim) to load BIM functions as opposed to bmlispget, smlispget.. , which are directly available?

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts

• Dear Jason,

those SheetMetal Lisp functions are implemented at the SheetMetal module (which must be licensed as well) - while the LISP BIM functions are implemented at Lisp engine core level, so the Lisp engine has to manage/verify the BIM license, as required.
    Additionally, the BIM interface as used by the Lisp engine is implemented by the BRX core module (brx18.dll) - hence the Lisp engine also needs to load the BRX module as well, by (vl-load-bim).

Therefore, (vl-load-bim) is required upfront, for brx18.dll module loading + license checking ... for the SheetMetal Lisp functions, the design is different ...
    hope this explains a bit ?
    many greetings !

• Dear Torsten,

Thank you for your info. Today I found the time to look at the LDSP.
    This is exactly what I need.
    Thanks !

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!