Can I permanently change the standard text style?

Hi,
We have to use the same text style in each of our drawings and I would like to set it to be the standard so I don't have to keep changing it.
I used the drawing explorer to change the standard but it only works for one drawing file. Is there another way to fix this?
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hello,

Settings like text style are saved within the DWG file not in Bricscad itself. To load the desired text style, set it in a dwg file and save that file as a .DWT file (dwt is a template file). Then under file, select "New Wizard", "Start from Template" and select the template you just made. Now each time you open a new drawing it will load your template with the desired text style.

With kind regards,

Robert van der Veen

• Hi Robert,
    I might be doing that wrong but when I save the template and I start up bricscad, Myriad pro is not the standard text although it does appear in the left upper corner of the text options which makes it easyer to acces. For some strange reason it also set the default text height of the STANDARD to 556265 meters. I've tried changing the current text style to myriad pro and saving the file as a .DWT and changing the text style under settings to Myriad pro but both did not turn it into the default setting.
    Starting from the template you helped me create atleast took out a few steps so thank you
    With kind regards,
    Lucas Hofstede

• Hey Lucas,

Where did you set your style?

You have to set it under "Settings" > Dimensions > Text.
    (or type "TextStyle" and enter the name of the style)
    Then save it to a template for it to work.

With kind regards

Robert van der Veen

This discussion has been closed.