How Do I change a DWG file to a PDF to send by email?

Hi,
I need to change a DWG file to a PDF file to send a drawing to a client. Help!!
Groovybowl

Comments

• Print the drawing using a PDF printer driver e.g. PDFCreator or CutePDF Writer or use the built-in Print as PDF printer configuration.

• I have Microsoft Print to PDF. Will that work? Also when I hit print and in the plotter configuration I change to Microsoft Print to PDF, I then go into scale and view and set that all up. I don't want to print it but save it so I can attach it to an email. How do I do that?

• When you click the Print button, a File dialog will pop up asking you where you want to save the PDF. In this case Printing=Create PDF.

• When I hit the print button it takes me to Save Print Output AS. When I put in the file name and hit save it goes back to my drawing and a dialogue box comes up that says Could Not Start Print Job. It is not changing or saving the file as a PDF.

• Groovybowl,

Did you try using the built in PDF printer ?

• You don't "change" it, you print to a PDF file.
    No different than printing a Word or Excel document to PDF.

• Other free pdf printers are available. I found Paperless Printer, Foxit and PDF995 are all worth a try, all available for download free. Paperless Printer seems to handle line weights better. They all feature a print to file option.

• Other free pdf printers are available. I found Paperless Printer, Foxit and PDF995 are all worth a try, all available for download free. Paperless Printer seems to handle line weights better. They all feature a print to file option.

This discussion has been closed.