One License: Home and Work computers: both on all the time

Is there a process to make this work, or is this a problem?

Comments

• For a single user license the license server will accept that you install it on two computers belonging to the same user. Check it out.

• Do I simply register the two computers? One is Windows 7 the other is Linux. Work computer has username assigned by work. Home computer has my name and a different email address. I looked at the license manager, and this process wasn't clear. The reason I ask is that I have been using the trial in this way and I had to un-register my work computer when I got an updated trial license and using the software at home when both were registered. It just seems unclear to me how I do this. I want to clearly understand before I buy the license. This is very important to me. Thank you for your help!

• Per Gogstad
    edited May 2018

When you buy a BricsCAD license it works for both Windows, Mac and Linux. Your commercial license will be available through your Bricsys account. When you activate the license on a computer, it will communicate the unique computer ID through the internet to the Bricsys license server for verification. You don't need to enter any email address. From your Bricsys account, you can see the computer name/ID of the computer/s where the specific license is activated and locked to.

• We are talking about a commercial licenses and not the extended trial license. When you buy the commercial single user license, enter it on both computers in the license manager. The same license will work on both Windows, Mac and Linux. You just need to download different installers.

This discussion has been closed.