Floating Viewport???

Basically I have a beam schedule that changes on every job, it lives in my model space. I know i can create viewports in model space but it shrinks my working space quite a bit. is there any way to float a viewport to another monitor or have a viewport in a tool palette by chance. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• A floating viewport in model space? Not that I am aware of. Only tiled viewports.

• looking for something that i can put on a separate screen (we run multiple monitors.) currently my tool palettes are on another monitor...

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited May 2018

You could expand the Bricscad window onto the other monitor, but "restore" rather than "maximize" the drawing window so that it can stay on one monitor. Then you could have another drawing window on the other monitor, and in that other drawing window you could have a temporary dwg file that contains an xref to the beam table that actually resides in the main dwg file.

Or you could make a block of the beam table, and then you'd be able to put a temporary insertion of it anywhere you want. You could use the Scale command to make that insertion bigger or smaller as you zoom in and out.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!