5 BUTTON MOUSE PROGRAMMING

Hi all

I have just purchase d a 5 button mouse (2 side buttons). 3 obviously pick, scroll/pan, or right click

Can somebody please tell me how to set those two buttons up to allow custom menus....in Autocad they used to be called Aux 1 etc

The intent is to use them for snap menu, on screen keyboard etc to reduce use of toolbars or ribbon except for more esoteric commands, thereby reducing clutter on screen, or unnecessary movement to ribbon/toolbars.

I guess its similar to the quad. I want to try the two side by side and see which is best. Have also bought a small Wacom tablet to see how it stacks up with the pad buttons.

Thanks in advance for any body who can help

Cheers

Ken Taylor

Comments

• @Ken Taylor said:
    Hi all

I have just purchase d a 5 button mouse (2 side buttons). 3 obviously pick, scroll/pan, or right click

Can somebody please tell me how to set those two buttons up to allow custom menus....in Autocad they used to be called Aux 1 etc

The intent is to use them for snap menu, on screen keyboard etc to reduce use of toolbars or ribbon except for more esoteric commands, thereby reducing clutter on screen, or unnecessary movement to ribbon/toolbars.

I guess its similar to the quad. I want to try the two side by side and see which is best. Have also bought a small Wacom tablet to see how it stacks up with the pad buttons.
    .....I already have standard specifications in

Cheers

Ken Taylor

Thanks Charles......I have downloaded your link and will try out tonight.....it looks very promising.

The whole idea is to try and reduce movements and clicks to select

I will be writing some standard text entries as well to hang off the leader. I already have standard specification clauses in tabular form (excel) that enable most data to be on 1 piece of electronic paper for each element eg roof

I will put this in the pool of ideas.......

• @Ken Taylor said:

@Ken Taylor said:
    Hi all

.....I already have standard specifications in

Cheers

Ken Taylor

Thanks Charles......I have downloaded your link and will try out tonight.....it looks very promising.

The whole idea is to try and reduce movements and clicks to select

I will be writing some standard text entries as well to hang off the leader. I already have standard specification clauses in tabular form (excel) that enable most data to be on 1 piece of electronic paper for each element eg roof

I will put this in the pool of ideas.......

Sorry Charles Windows dropped the ball on my comment above
    In he pool I will put this link https://sharemouse.en.uptodown.com › Windows › Desktop › General
    It allows one mouse (and keyboard) if both are wifi to control multiple screens.....huge desk spacesaver, very reliable, and now to me indispensable
    Thanks again
    Cheers Ken Taylor

• I would think you mouse had software to control the side buttons.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!