Coordinate Reference System Use

Hi,

I'm just getting going with the new mapping features in V18 (I know, I'm a little late...) to avoid double handling tasks in other software and only seem to be able to get myself halfway to where I want to be...

I've got some georectified images in geotiff format using the decimal degrees coordinate system, I don't have any trouble getting them into BrisCAD in the right location etc. but would like to use them in a local grid and that's where I'm stuck. I've read through the section of the user guide covering this but it doesn't go into too much detail, I've also had a look online (including these forums) but haven't been able to find anything of help.

What I would like to achieve is either:

• Have the image import into BricsCAD at it's local grid location (my local grid is in the the list of GIS coordinate system)
  • Have the image import into BricsCAD at it's decimal degrees location but then be able to xref the drawing the image is stored in to additional drawings and have it come in on my local grid, similar to the way you can set a drawing to mm and if you bring it into a drawing set at mm it automatically scales it.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,

Paul

Comments

• RSW
    RSW
    edited July 2018

@paulpmilton
    If you regularly deal with georeferenced data/GIS files you may want to take a look at Spatial Manager or MapWorks as they will add useful functionality to Bricscad in roundtripping associated data with GIS software. You could then also do on-the-fly reprojection and scaling upon import of the images or showing coordinates listed as per two grid coordinates at the same time.

This discussion has been closed.