Scales and Exporting cross section to another layout

Although I am no stranger to 2D cad (not Autocad) and modelling with FormZ I am new to Bricscad. I am beginning to get the hang of it but have two questions.
1) Is it possible to use the ViewSection command to send a section to another layout? I need to draw too many sections to fit in one Layout and need to put some of the sections onto another layout.
2) The drawing I am working on was originally modelled in FormZ in metres and exported as a dwg in metres. If I have my page setup as 10mm to 1 drawing unit I get a drawing that looks like 1:100 but the scale appears as 1:1. What is going on?

Comments

• DFLY
    edited June 2018

In answer to 1) No not really. But what I do is i make a new base view for the next layout and leave it off the page, and make sections from that. That way you can fake the effect of sections on the next sheet. Edit view will allow you to change the section labels to suit.
    regarding 2) Best thing to do is to make sure your model space is in scale 1 to 1 and make sure you are using the right unit system. So generally that will be 1mm per unit or 1m per unit. 1mm works best for scales.

• D Fly Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!