Attributes

I have a block attribute with the name TB_NO. The attribute is to take the drawing filename (without extension) and include the paperspace tabname to provide the drawing number. I can get it to include the filename or the tabname but cannot get it to provide both combined. Is there a diesel script that can be used to combine the two? I'm using Bricscad ver 13.

Dik

Comments

• Diesel expression:
    $(substr,$(getvar,dwgname),1,$(-,$(strlen,$(getvar,dwgname)),4)) - $(getvar,ctab)

• Thanks... will give it a shot.

Dik

• The Diesel script works incredibly well...

Is it possible to modify the script to include a revision number. I have the attrib title D_REV that holds the Revision Number or letter. Do I have to give the attrib a Diesel name and then append -$(getvar,name), or something similar?

thanks, Dik

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited August 2018

@Dik Coates:
    What you are hinting at is not possible. Diesel is rather limited and you can only use predefined system variables. If all layouts have the same revision number, or if you only have a single layout in each dwg file, you might use the USERI1 variable for both attributes.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!