Publish - Ver 18.2.14

I am having trouble publishing my layouts to a Plot Style and onto PDF
Previous in ver 16 I don't recall any problems.

Can't see anywhere to set a Plot Style in the Publish routine, but may have missed something.

Only way I can get it to work is to Ctrl P for each layout then set the table then all can be done with a final Publish command.
That is not the way I imagine it works, but don't have an answer/.

Help is very much appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited June 2018

I don't remember ever selecting a plot style table as part of the Publish command. I only ever remember doing that in Page Setup.

The only thing the Publish command will do is allow you to override the plotter selection, using the built-in PDF printer instead of the one specified in Page Setup.

If you want to set the plot style table for all the layouts at once, you can do that by selecting a plot style table in the page setup for the model tab. Then it automatically asks you whether you want that plot style table assigned to all the layouts.

And the entire page setup of one layout can be copied to each of the others by using the pull-down list for each layout, in the "Based on" column of the Page Setups pane of Drawing Explorer.

• Richard Sands
    edited June 2018

Thanks Anthony
    That's (as you describe) what I'm accustomed to.
    I'm not sure if the new install (ver 18) doesn't honour those or what happened.
    I repeated what you'd said and all came good.

I was a long time coming to use the Publish command and so all layouts were already assigned plot styles. My template dwg uses those styles.
    Probably because of that I never encountered this before.

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited June 2018

Actually, I have found a problem with plot style tables in the Publish command of my v17, when I use the (built-in) PDF option. It seems to use only part of the plot style table. Colors 1-10 and the high grays all seem to print in accordance with my plot style table, but color 233, which is supposed to print as color 250 with entity linetype and .05 mm lineweight instead prints in color 233 with entity linetype and .05 mm lineweight. That problem doesn't occur if I don't use the plotter override, but then I don't get the advantage of all layouts being added to a single PDF file without prompting for individual filenames and then having to combine the individual files with Acrobat.

This discussion has been closed.