BricsCAD BIM - trial ?

Hello,
I'm the BricsCAD user for years (for some reasons Platinium release). Some versions ago (not sure, v 16 probably) - there was an option to try a BIM modulus there (as the separated download). When I try to do this with v18 there is no clear option there - the only possible is to download the full BricsCAD package (which I have as installed, so I don't need it again, I'm afraid). Thank you for any suggestions. Best regards. Miroslaw.

Comments

• Hello Miroslaw,

The BIM Module is included in the BricsCAD download. You do need a separate license though. If you have a valid license key you can activate it by opening the LICENSEMANAGER. A trial license should automatically give you access to all funtionalities, including BIM and Sheet Metal.

• Per Gogstad
    edited July 2018

Hi Miroslaw,

From your message I understand that you have been using BricsCAD for years. This means that you have purchased a license for the version you are using. What version are you presently using with a valid license key (V16)?

In the earliest versions of BricsCAD Platinum, the BIM function was an integrated part. This was then changed and in BricsCAD V18 it's an add-on and you will need to buy a separate license key to be used together with BricsCAD Platinum.

In the trial version of BricsCAD V18, as Jacob states, the full functionality is included. Maybe this video of a recent webinar will clarify things related to the different editions and add-ons in BricsCAD V18.

https://youtu.be/4GyJ-8R7j-Y

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!