Hole Table V18

I'm looking for a way to generate a table showing XY coordinates of hole centers relative to a chosen origin. I've googled a bit and couldn't find anything similar as far as a lisp routine but I'm sure they are out there. Attached is an image showing what did the "old school" method - manually of course! Any of you programmers have any tips to share?

Comments

• Hello Tim,

What you want to do sounds possible. You would need to loop through all the holes and check the center point of the holes against a specified base point. Then you use that to calculate the relative coordinates of the holes. You can then write those coordinates to a table.
    Could be a fun project :smile: Do you have experience with lisp or vba?

• Hi Robert,

No experience I'm afraid. Figured this sort of thing has been done before with lisp, I'll keep looking and if I find something will post here.

• @Tim Neumann

My apologies I though you wanted to build it yourself, ill give it a try tomorrow. When I have a working script ill post it in this thread.

• @Tim Neumann said:
    ... generate a table showing XY coordinates of hole centers relative to a chosen origin.

Take a look at DotSoft's MechLite, it generates (and updates) a Hole Chart using coordinates relative to the UCS (your chosen origin).

This discussion has been closed.