Bricsys.com logins not working?

Is anyone else having problems logging into www.bricsys.com this morning? I tried with the same username / password combination which I've used here for many years but I'm now getting an error "Invalid email or password. Use your email address to login."

Back in the day, the email address was the account login name. The contact information for the account was updated with my new, current email address but the account name itself remained the same; there was no way to change it. That old email is defunct, no longer accessible, gone to meet the choir invisible, pushing up the daisies. It is a dead email.

Yes, I could always register a new account using a current email address but that breaks the link with existing support requests and product registration information.

What to do?

Comments

• Per Gogstad
    edited July 2018

They made an update today to comply with the new GDPR regulations and you will need to make a new password as per the updated security requirements. You should be able to log on with the 'old' username, but you will be asked to change your password. Then, when you are logged on you are now be able to change your email address/username (which was not possible before).

• I agree that it should work but, sadly, it doesn't. I just tried it again and I still get the same error message. I don't log into Bricsys.com nearly as often as I do to the forum; the last login to the main site of which I can be sure was to submit a support request on 22 May (SR82169).

• Forum and your Bricsys account are two different applications and two different logons and different URLs. If you cannot log on, try forgotten password. This should go to your registered email address - https://auth.bricsys.com/auth/realms/bricsys-account/login-actions/reset-credentials?client_id=bricsyscom&tab_id=LpWudD74fbM. Think all usernames now have been updated aromatically to the registered email address.

• It worked for me today ....

• Thanks Gogstad, the link resolved the issue here.

• Yes, I understand very well that the Bricsys and forum logins are different entities. An aid to that understanding is that I have been entering different user names and passwords for each of them.

I entered the contact email address for the Bricsys account (the one to which SR replies from Bricsys Customer Service are sent) once again; I had tried it earlier in the day, to no avail. No email was received.

...tick...tock...tick...tock... (five minutes pass, no email)...tick...tock...(much more time passes, watching cat videos)...tick...tock... Okay, there's no email response to this request either other than the original banner "You should receive an email shortly with further instructions." Such a tease!

What may be happening is that the new login page is pre-screening passwords against acceptance criteria prior to hashing the passwords with the user names. I am a Bad Person and have for these many years been using the original, and very short, password which was first issued with the account. So, perhaps that's the problem.

Side issue: Why make it necessary to log into Bricsys just to check on the current product version number?

• @Richard Webb said:
    Side issue: Why make it necessary to log into Bricsys just to check on the current product version number?

Yes I noticed this too and it is a bit of a nuisance as the update menu item just brings you to the download page where you have to login. If the update menu item in Bricscad would simply let you know if there is a newer version of Bricscad or one of the modules I wouldn't mind so much.
    it just doesn't make much sense to me and requiring an account to download Bricscad as demo may be a bit counterproductive.

• Happily, they've fixed the "lost password" function to behave with the contact email address rather than the old, defunct account-name email. So that's good. Account login name now updated to the working email. Thanks!

I suspect (hope?) that the "mailing subscription" options in the user profile will generate an email when there is a new point release.

• __> @Richard Webb said:

I've had the same issue - Bricscad login won't recognize my username/pw that I've had for years. The "Forgot Password" email never comes - still waiting after a week.

I'm just glad that I don't need to access my info.

Re: Side issue - I, too, have the same question. Seems ridiculous to me.

This discussion has been closed.