Failed to load license manager

I recently bought a new Dell computer and have installed BricsCAD V18, single user. When I try to open the program, I get the message "Failed to load license manager". If I shut off the McAffee virus scan and firewall, the program opens. I have granted communication access to the program in the McAffee firewall. There appears to be something in the virus protection that is preventing acess to the license. Is there a permanent fix?

Comments

• Hmmm.

Have you tried right clicking BricsCAD and choosing "run as administrator" ?

Doing it just once might fix it.

I think your licence info is kept in c:\programdata\bricsys

and the programdata is actually a hidden file. So also maybe your antivirus is stopping access to hidden files, although that does seem unlikely.

• Many other people have been having the same issue since a few days. The problem is that McAfee places RLM1222.dll in quarantine; try going to your quarantined items, find this file and restore it. Then go to Real-Time Scanning and add this file to your excluded files (white list). The file is located in C:\Program Files\Bricsys\BricsCAD V18 en_US (or whichever version you are using). This should be a good workaround for now.

• Adding RLM1222.dll to excluded files in McAffee real time scanning is working. thank you!

• Is there a fix coming that can be installed, as the administrators of our centralised copy of McAfee will not add an exception - or do you suggest another workaround?

This discussion has been closed.