Why can't I set decimal seaarators to anything but a comma.

Is this a BricsCAD bug, or do I have to set some variable ??

In the drawing explorer, I set the dimension decimal separator to a dot but when I draw a dimension it still appears as a comma. If I go back to the drawing explorer it says it's a dot.

Currently my only workaround is to create dimensions styles in another cad package and copy them into BricsCAD.

I have tried changing the decimal separator to other symbols, but still only get a comma.

Comments

• Setting the Decimal Separator option in the dimension styles works for me, always has. Are you starting your drawings from the default template or a custom template?

• Michael Mayer
    edited August 2018

It works for me here by editing in the Properties Palette.

Changing separator worked once in Drawing Explorer.
    (There was 1 "Standard" Style + 1 >overrides in standard<)
    The second time, switching back to previous separator needed
    a changing/reassignment of the Style, before the change was
    visible in my Dimension.

• @Richard Webb said:
    Setting the Decimal Separator option in the dimension styles works for me, always has. Are you starting your drawings from the default template or a custom template?

Hmmm. I just started a new drawing using the default decimal mm template, and changed the separator to a dot and it worked !

Very curious.

Thanks. Now I know everything is working fine in BricsCAD itself. It is just an issue do do with my drawings.

• DFLY
    edited August 2018

@Michael Mayer said:
    It works for me here by editing in the Properties Palette.

Changing separator worked once in Drawing Explorer.
    (There was 1 "Standard" Style + 1 >overrides in standard<)
    The second time, switching back to previous separator needed
    a changing/reassignment of the Style, before the change was
    visible in my Dimension.

You hit the nail on the head. I just noticed that there is a "overrides on..." thing in the menu. I never noticed that before. I just changed that and it fixed it.

Now I've just got to figure out how do delete overrides.