BricsCAD shape: change design units

Ok, I appreciate that Shape is an attempt to make things simpler for 3d design, but some apparently missing features can be rather infuriating!!

There does not appear to be any clear way to change units (eg metric/imperial).

Am I missing something obvious? I have tried entering just about every 'unit' related statement I can into the command line, and googled the heck out of this with no success.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• On the Welcome dialog, next to the CREATE button you can choose the unit in a drop-down list.

• Sorry but I am not sure what you are referring to. When I open BricsCAD, the software jumps straight from the splash screen to the GUI. There is a 'welcome' sidebar on the right hand side but there is no drop down list as far as I can tell...?

• I'm referring to the Welcome dialog as shown in the attached image. Which version of Shape are you running? You can check this in the Help menu: About BricsCAD Shape. The most recent version is V18.2.17-1.

• Hi, sorry if I wasn't clear.

Version 18.2.17 (x64) revision 55547

I have just tried a full reinstall and the shape welcome dialog still does not appear when I run Bricscad shape! The program just goes straight to the GUI with no welcome dialog (if that makes sense).

• There is a Setting to deactivate that Welcome Dialog.
    In Shape it is activated by default.
    Unfortunately no Bricscad near to look for the name
    of the setting variable here ....

• Sorry, unfortunately I don't understand your suggestion. Are you saying there is or isn't a way to reactivate the Welcome dialog?

Thanks.

• Oh, yes, the help file ...

So the Variable is called GETSTARTED.
    I would try to enter it in the Commandline and hope
    there is an option to choose ON.

• The 'Welcome' dialog should appear if you start Shape by clicking the desk top icon. Note: the Units setting in the dialog is only used to select the correct template for new drawings. It will not change the units of existing drawings.

• Michael Mayer
    edited August 2018

@Roy Klein Gebbinck said:
    The 'Welcome' dialog should appear if you start Shape by clicking the desk top icon. Note: the Units setting in the dialog is only used to select the correct template for new drawings. It will not change the units of existing drawings.

That should be INSUNIT variable,
    if that is accessible from Shape via Commandline.
    It will not scale existing geometry though. Just change
    the unit.

This discussion has been closed.