2D Apparent Intersection Snap

I've recently switched completely from ACAD to BricsCAD and all is mostly great but I'm having a hard time figuring out a couple things. Today I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong using Apparent Intersection in the ESNAP options. I have two lines that appear to intersect in 2D (when viewing the XY plane) but do not share a common point in 3D space (they have different Z end coordinates). I'm working in 2D Drafting mode. When snapping to an entity while drawing a line for example, all the entities I have selected work as snap points except Apparent Intersection. Endpoint, Midpoint, Center, and Intersection right now, and the others as needed, all seem to work whenever I have the checkbox marked (in the checkbox menu that opens after right clicking the ESNAP box at bottom of my screen). But I also have Apparent Intersection turned on in that menu. Apparent Intersection does not work as a snap point unless I use shift-right click and select Apparent Intersection from the pop-up menu, but then it only works for that one operation. Is there a way to make apparent intersection a snap point that works always when turned on in the ESNAP button menu? Thank you.

Comments

• It looks like it could be a bug. I would recommend that you raise a Support Request. Outside of a command, selecting Apparent intersection will automatically turn off the intersection snap on the toolbar. In SETTINGS you can configure both to be on, but BricsCAD will ignore apparent in any command calls.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    CAD Concepts

• Louis_Verdonck
    edited August 2018

As far as I can see Apparent Intersection snap works as expected.
    Defining the entity snap modes (OSMODE system variable):

• when no command is active: clicking toolbuttons or context menu (shift/right click) items toggle an entity snap on/off.
    • when a command is active: clicking a toolbutton or context menu item sets the selected entity snap for the next point only and temporily switch off all current entity snap modes, which will be switched on again after the selected 'one shot' entity snap is used.
      Do you experience otherwise?
  • Thanks for the input. What I have found is that apparent intersection works as expected when intersection is not selected. When both intersection and apparent intersection are selected, and the lines don't share a common point, apparent intersection does not work.

• To make it "sticky". Rightclick the icons. Choose customize then pick toolbars at the top. Now browse to entity snaps to the left then pick "snap to Apparent". In the commandline at the bottom change to ´_apparent
    Now its on/off permanently.

• Louis_Verdonck
    edited September 2018

The rule is as follows:

• if Intersection is ON: only real intersections are found.
    • if Apparent intersection is ON: both real and apparent intersections are found.
      Please notice that only one of the intersection buttons can have a pressed state (= selected) in the Entity Snaps toolbar or ribbon panel.
  • @Louis Verdonck said:

• if Apparent intersection is ON: both real and apparent intersections are found.

I think that is a quite useful snap option that I had overseen.

This discussion has been closed.