BricsCAD and AutoHotKey

Hi all,

I'm a BricsCAD user for around 3 years now and have never looked back since swapping from AutoCAD and Solidworks. In the past year or so, I have been experimenting with setting up scripts and macros that can be run via AutoHotKey to carry out a command or string of commands with the press of a single keyboard or mouse button (Logitech MX Master at the moment). For example, when I hit my tab key it runs the following without any further input other than the click:

1) UCS command
2) Sets the Entity command
3) Waits for me to click on the chosen line/entity
4) Rotates my UCS to this direction

This single script I use probably 100 times a day during all my setting out around structures, couldn't imagine working without it now! I am looking to start compiling all the random scripts I have up into a library for people to download if they are of any use, and was hoping other people had some of their common used command strings that they would love to be automated? The scripts themselves are quite straightforward to make once you understand AHK, and I'm always keen to see other peoples workflows!

Thanks all,
Rory

Comments

• Hello Rory,

I would be very interested in those scripts, do you have link to your scripts?

With kind regards,

Robert

• Hi Robert,

Attached is a download link to the the compiled script for the one mentioned below, if you wanted to test out and see if all works? It's a .exe file so wouldn't let me upload here. I'm not sure if I need to do anything specific to the code to make it work on other computers but let me know if any issues. Should just be able to double click it, get a small green icon in your toolbar and then it will be active within BricsCAD.

https://we.tl/t-oCuRevHfi8

Will be getting all the other scripts compiled over the next week or so and will post a link here once completed.

Thanks,
    Rory

• Rory,
    May I ask why these are compiled rather than source? Many of us will not download compiled code unless we know the author well.

• Hi Martin,

Apologies, that is just how I have them stored on my drive. I can recode up and send through as the standard AHK files, however you will then need autohotkey installed I believe. I have attached a new link below to the standard AHK file, prior to compiling as still not allowed to attach them here.

https://we.tl/t-ogSFrSlKca

Hopefully that is of use!

Rory

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!