Zigzag Linetype display gone haywire

In 2D, using Zigzag linetype, applying several different Linetype scales to different lines, to get bigger or smaller zigzags.
Taking it to Paperspace, in many Sheets so far, each with several Viewports, up to now the zigzags have displayed properly.
But now, creating a new Sheet with Viewport, the zigzags go haywire - initially displaying continuous, then after REA, some remain continuous, others become gigantic Linetype scale. This is independent of trying different Viewport zoom scales, and whether or not individual lines have both their ends visible within the Viewport, or visible on screen. Annotation scale is 1:1 in all cases.
Back in Modelspace, all zigzags look correct.
Experimentally creating additional Viewports in previous Sheets, the zigzags display correct, as before.
Some setting has shifted? which applies to new Sheets but not to previous Sheets.

Comments

• Sounds like a scale issue, are the sheets using different settings, can you post a drawing showing the issues.

• Thanks. Here's the file stripped down.
    In Sheet 22 the green zigzags display fine. In Sheet 32 they're haywire. Back in Sheet 22, the two Viewports on the right were created after Sheet 32, but display the zigzags properly. So it's only Sheet 32 which is faulty, Sheet 22 remains OK.

305x.dwg 390.8K
  • In sheet 32 change "psltscale=0" and then regen, I have to be honest the finer points of the 3 variables LTSCALE MSLTSCALE & PSLTSCALE have always eluded me, but they do have an influence.

• Looks like that did it - thanks a lot. There's also CANNOSCALE.

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited August 2018

LTSCALE is a factor that's applied to the linetype scale property of all entities.

PSLTSCALE can only be 0 or 1. When it's 0, linetypes look the same in a viewport as in the model tab. When it's 1 (the default value), linetypes look different in a viewport than in the model tab, because the scale of the viewport is applied as a factor to the linetype scale of all entities when seen in that viewport.

MSLTSCALE can only be 0 or 1. When it's 1 (the default value), the annotation scale is applied as a factor to the linetype scale of all entities, even in modelspace. When it's 0, no factor is applied.

When you change either of the latter two variables, you may have to regen to see the effect.

CELTSCALE determines the linetype scale property of new entities. Once an entity is created, this variable has no effect on it.

• When we are at it. Could someone explain this to me.
    I want to use the zigzag line as a hatch for my styrofoam sections.
    I would prefer a line without a "landing" ( see top). To achieve that I made the lines closed polylines.
    In the mid section all zigsags have the same scale. They all get different height.
    If you stretch them out they get the same heigtht ( se bottom ).
    Maybe someone has a linedef where I dont get a landing and get consistent height depending on scale used as a line.

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited August 2018

If I draw a line and assign it linetype ZigZag, and then trim the line, I can get it so there's only a miniscule landing on the starting end and none at all on the other end.

I don't know how to redefine the pattern to avoid landings, but if you change the first number from .0001 to 0 the landings become invisible except for an initial dot.
    A,0,-.2,[ZIG,ltypeshp.shx,x=-.2,s=.2],-.4,[ZIG,ltypeshp.shx,r=180,x=.2,s=.2],-.2![](https://forum.bricsys.com/uploads/editor/ve/hdc51itohpzg.png "")

• Steven_g
    edited August 2018

Or just use a hatch pattern, if you create it correctly then it's easy to scale and allows you to select the start point (origin point) from the hatch dialogue.
    Here's the the pattern file, created in metric (ie add to the end of the "iso.pat" file in the support folder) so that you can scale it logically, so just make the scale the same value as the height you need it to fill. If you want a different angle just adjust the sizes to suit.
    *INSULATION3, 45, 0,0, 0,1.41 135, 0,0, 0,1.41

• fs_at12
    edited August 2018

Hi Tom,
    as Steven said, its a scale issue.
    for a standard (architectural)drawing you first set up the annotation scale you will make your drawing (1:50, 1:100, 1:200, etc)
    after that you set up your linetypes, dashed, dashed dot, center etc.... here you use "LTSCALE" to define the density of the line type.
    so you can control, that all the linetypes are displayed with the same density in all annotation scales you use.

if you use a linetype as a "hatch" or to display any kind of other architectural or graphical element, what is not a linetype... you have to consider that a linetype will change when you change the annotation-, or the scale displayed.

if you want to use a linetype in the way you draw it and you don't want to change the way it is displayed, you have to turn off "PLTLTSCALE"(PaperSpaceLineTypeSCALE). this will repress that a linetype will be changed when you change the annotation (PaperSpace). so it will always use the scale it is displayed in ModelSpace. If you have drawings with different annotation scales, this will cause some troubles, because smaller scales will produce too big gaps and big scales will produce very dense gaps (or ZigZags) linetypes.

if you want to make some graphical or architectural elements in your drawing, its easier to use a hatch, (eg.Steven,Anthony), hatches have annotations, (their density is displayed equally in all scales)

Franz

oops I overlooked it, anthony explained it already pretty clear...

This discussion has been closed.