Change Toolbar Placement

Hi,

I'd like to add a "reset toolbars" option to a companion application to BricsCAD however I cannot seem to reset toolbar positions when I setting the registry keys in :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bricsys\BricsCAD\V18x64\en_US\Profiles\2D Drafting\Toolbars

When restarting BricsCAD v18 after setting these registry keys, the toolbars stay in their previous positions. Are these toolbar position/dock settings being stored somewhere else now?

Thanks.

Comments

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited August 2018

If WSAUTOSAVE is ON the position of toolbars for each workspace is stored in the CUI. Switching this setting (temporarily) OFF should work for you.

Alternatively you could reposition toolbars programmatically, for example with Lisp code.

Another approach would be to replace the UserDataCache default.cui with your own (you should of course first make a backup of the original). The 'Revert to defaults...' button in the Customize dialog would then restore your CUI, including the positions of toolbars.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!