How to turn on Text GRIPS in a block?

All of a sudden unable to get GRIPS on the Text in a block.
Other geometry in the block has Grips, but not the text w/in the block.
What controls this?
It was working earlier, but all of a sudden it does not work after creating a couple of new blocks.
Need to be able to move Attributed Text entity insertion point w/in a block to avoid other geometry in the dwg after placing the block.
Mike

Comments

• Check the value of "lock position" for the attributes inside the block, if it's yes they won't show the grips

• Steven,
    Thanks, that did it.
    Any ideas as to how "Yes" got turned on?
    This has never happened before, in fact I never realized there was such an option, & I have no idea how I could have turned it on. I did explode an existing block to create a new block, only thing I can think of, if that would have perhaps turned it on for some weird reason.
    Mike

• It looks like the default is for or attribute "flags" to be off, though there may be a variable somewhere that controls it, but if you have have used an attribute from an existing exploded block or copied one from another block then it does retain it's original "flag" values. Just keep an eye on it in the future.

• Steven_g,
    What SetVar variable controls this?
    Need to have the default to always be "No", because in the last 25 yrs. of creating attributed blocks, I have never encountered this & see absolutely no reason to ever set the lock position to be "yes", because that would limit the ability to move the attributed text w/in the block when the text collides w/ other geometry in the dwg, which is why we are having this conversation.
    Your help is GREATLY APPRECIATED; it is VERY NICE to get someone who knows BricsCAD to respond to the support requests.
    Regards,
    Mike

• Hi "aflags" keeps track of the attribute flag settings, it should be set as zero by default when you startup Bricscad (it is for me). Though in Autocad the default is 16 which actually controls the lock flag? check the value of aflags when you start the program, you might need to add a startup lisp to make it always off.

This discussion has been closed.