Fatal Error at file char 31

Hi All,

Please can someone help me. I have just has a Xerces error come up saying - Fatel Error at file C:\User\Ashley\AppData\R...\default.cui, line 23844, char 31

This is happening on every saved file that i have, that leads to about 1000. Also any new file! This message will pop up and the only thing i can click on is the menu button within Bricscad.

Thank you

Ashley Trice

Comments

• Please copy the default.cui from BricsCAD installation folder (under UserDataCache) to your user folder (that folder as shown in the message);
    seemingly, the default.cui file became corrupted :-(

hope this help ?

• Thank you for getting back to me so fast. Sorry could you step this out a bit as do not understand and spent the past hour looking.

Thank you
  • Hi, just spent another hour trying to locate and understand this with no luck. Sorry if I am acting dumb but even the folders won't come up.
  • Dear Ashley,
    please look into your BricsCAD installation folder - there you will see the "UserDataCache" and its sub-folders, usually like that :
    /BricsCAD V18 x64/UserDataCache/Support/en_US/

there you should find the "default.cui" - this file can be copied to your user-folder
    C:/User/Ashley/AppData/Roaming/Bricsys/Bricscad/V18x64/en_US/Support
    (the folder as shown in the messagebox, "en_US" might be a different locale identifier, depending on your system + installation)

Copy the "default.cui" into that folder, overwriting the existing, potentially corrupted default.cui ...
    (re-installation or repair-installation might also help to replace the defect file ?)

good luck, hope this helps ...

This discussion has been closed.