Esnaps

Anyone know how I can dis-able Esnap from turning itself back ON automatically? I know that you can turn off Esnaps in the settings but I would like to toggle F3 when I need to and have all my snaps turn on when I choose. A lot of times I'm only moving items/objects and & the Item/object snaps to some location I don't want. Other times, I need Esnaps ON without needing to go back to settings by simply using F3.

Comments

• You can toggle esnaps on/off by clicking on the ESNAPS button in the bottom row. It works even while a command is in progress.

• @Rodolphe
    It seems F3 does not work for you? Hitting function key F3 should toggle Esnaps ON/OFF, even when you are in the middle of a command procedure. And Esnaps do not turn on automatically. Are you experiencing otherwise?

• @Louis Verdonck said:
    @Rodolphe
    It seems F3 does not work for you? Hitting function key F3 should toggle Esnaps ON/OFF, even when you are in the middle of a command procedure. And Esnaps do not turn on automatically. Are you experiencing otherwise?

Esnaps turn ON automatically during Move and Copy and a few other commands. That's the issue. I'm constantly having to toggle 'off' using F3, and its annoying.

• @Anthony Apostolaros said:
    You can toggle esnaps on/off by clicking on the ESNAPS button in the bottom row. It works even while a command is in progress.

It turns ON again even after I toggle off during certain commands. There's no way that I can see to stop this.

• @Rodolphe Simon said:
    It turns ON again even after I toggle off during certain commands. There's no way that I can see to stop this.

That shouldn't happen, unless those certain commands are custom commands, which could incorporate the esnap change. As Louis said, none of the built-in commands turn on esnaps automatically. But in your reply to Louis you said it happens with the Move and Copy command. Do you have custom versions of the Move and Copy command? If it's happening with the built-in versions, then you have a technical malfunction, and might have to file a support request to work it out.

This discussion has been closed.