Using (Shape) Visualstyles in BricsBIM

Tom Foster
edited November 2018 in 3D Modeling

I've been enjoying working in BricsBIM using Visualstyles Realistic (Shape) and Default (Shape) - very sweet compared to standard Realistic and Default, let alone Visualstyle BIM. Recommended - try it.

I realise I only got those because I opened a Shape model in Brics. Then realised I could have copy-pasted them in Drawing Explorer.

But after going New Visualstyle, I sure would like to see a guide to all the settings available in the Edit visual style right hand pane. Any ideas?

Comments

• Yes, looks good out of the box.

I also often miss the BIM Style, like when opening DWG Exports.
    (I think these Styles belong to the App, not to a File)

But you can edit any given Style to your liking or create new Styles anyway.

• I just added to my OP:

But after going New Visualstyle, I sure would like to see a guide to all the settings available in the Edit visual style right hand pane. Any ideas?

Why haven't you got Visualstyle BIM? If I knew where they're stored I guess one could copy>email the style?

• Available visual styles are defined in the template drawing used to create the drawing. You can copy / paste visual styles from one drawing to another in the Drawing Explorer / Visual Styles. Open both the source drawing and the target drawing. Select the style in the source drawing, right click and choose Copy in the context menu. Select the visual styles in the target drawing in the Open Drawings panel of the Drawing Explorer, select a visual style then right click and choose Paste in the context menu.

• You mean in e.g. Default-mm.dwt? It's not like I can open that .dwt and copy the bit of it where e.g. Visualstyle BIM is recorded, or what its values are?

I do know about copy-pasting Visualstyles in Drawing Explorer.

It's more that when I go to create a new Visualstyle, I would like to read a guide to the meaning and effect of all the settings available in the Edit Visualstyle right hand pane. Is there anything like that?

• Looks like there is nothing in BC Help.
    Even VISUALSTYLE.

But I think the settings are quite obvious.
    I once played with Edge Settings but often add a bit of Transparency.

This discussion has been closed.